Sunday, July 26, 2009

Her name will be Charlotte.

From the time Gene and I met, we'd casually talked about what we would name our children. We weren't sure if we'd ever have kids, but we always talked about it. It would be kind of funny sometimes because Gene would come up with the craziest ideas that no child could ever possibly escape the torture from his/her classmates with the choices he picked. I had my favorite for a long time until someone else recently took the name that I had fallen in love with and I was devastated. Long story short, I just couldn't think of that name the same. So, we threw out several more possibilities once we officially found out the sex of our baby. There were several names I loved, but Gene didn't like and vise versa. So, we narrowed it down to a few names we could somewhat agree on: Margaret, Sophie, Olivia and Charlotte. I just couldn't stop thinking about the name Charlotte. I don't know any Charlottes and I wanted something traditional, but also unique. Late one night in England, walking back to Gene's aunt's house at 1 in the morning after walking and touring London allll day long, she decided to kick me REALLY hard (probably to tell me to take it easy so she could get some sleep) and I screamed out, "OMG, Charlotte!!" Gene looks over at me and says, "Sooo. . . I guess we've decided on a name." I hesitated to tell anyone because I thought what if I change my mind or what if the ultrasound was wrong and we're really having a boy. I just wanted to be 100% sure. But the more I say it the more I love it. So, yes. . . we've finally decided. Her name will be Charlotte Louise Folger. Louise after my Granny. She may not be able to meet our little lady bug in person, but I'm sure she's watching over her in spirit. : )

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore it! She's gonna be sooo cute too! I've got a girls name down and we keep dreaming of a girl, but if it's a boy Rob said he wants to name him and what he is coming up with is along the lines of what Gene was coming up with, I'm guessing. hehe We like weird names though, so it'll be fun to see what we finally land on. hehe I love how you are naming her after your grandma! My sister named her daughter after her husband's mother who she never had met and who died of breast cancer. Names are so much more meaningful when they are after someone you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wondeful story!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene