Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching up.


I know it's been awhile since my last post, but honestly, nothing new has come up and nothing worth blogging. I really do have a good excuse though. . . . I had been a bit busy with feeling nauseous 24 hours out of the day and school is kicking my butt this semester. (Partially b/c it's all foreign to me and I'm an overachiever - so I want to maintain my A average!!) I'm taking Biology w/a lab so I'm in class every Monday and Wednesday for 3 hours. So, right after working an 8 hour day, I'm running off to school and I don't usually get home until 9:oo at night. At first it was difficult to sit through class b/c I felt like puking the whole time and all I wanted to do was go to sleep. But now it's been almost a week that I haven't had the urge to lose my lunch (or dinner) so I'm thinking I'm done with the morning sickness. And as far as having any cravings or food aversions . . . I was hating chicken and even the smell of it, and just LOVING tacos. I think last week when I was starting to pick up my appetite, I had tacos for a snack after I had my lunch and I had tacos a couple of nights for dinner. I LOVE me some tacos!!! lol!!

I'm now over 10 weeks pregnant and very excited to be that much closer to the end of my first trimester. We have our first appointment next Tuesday with the OB/GYN to see our first ultrasound and to hear the heartbeat. I think once I hear the beating of our baby's heart I'll be much more excited and not afraid to spread the news to everyone. I'm a worrier and have heard that all kinds of bad things can happen before the second trimester and I'm just being overly cautious. I'll post another picture soon of the growing (or not so-growing) belly. Gene has noticed a change in my expanding waste. But I keep telling him it's just gas, at least that's what my book What to Expect When Your Expecting says. Have you noticed they say that about a baby's smile, too - that it's just gas?? I don't believe it for a second. I know that baby is smiling at me, damn it! So, I'd like to think that I'm actually starting to show. : ) At least my pants are starting to get a bit more snug and there are only so many shirts that I have that can cover up the fact that I can't button my pants anymore! lol! So, I'm looking forward to buying my first set of maternity clothes. It should be interesting since I hate shopping!! I may need some of my friends to assist in that department. : )

So, that's all I have for now. I'll keep you posted on the baby happenings if you will keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Love you all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! How neat. I am so happy for you. Glad that you aren't that sick anymore. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene