Tuesday, March 3, 2009

There could not have been a sweeter sound.

Gene and I heard the heartbeat this morning. I thought I was going to turn into a big pile of snot. I knew this day was coming and didn't think I would get as emotional about it as I did. I mean, logically I knew if I heard the heartbeat then I'd be out of the woods because anything can happen during the first trimester. I just didn't prepare myself for the overwhelming emotion that came over me this morning. The DR barely touched my stomach and there it was. . . . swish-swish, swish-swish, swish-swish. She was even surprised at how quickly she was able to get the heartbeat. For a brief second I thought, "Is that it? Is my stomach growling and making all that noise? Is that MY heartbeat beating?" Once the DR confirmed it was the baby's, I just boo-woo'd the whole time. I was a mess. Tears running down my face and mascara everywhere. At one point Gene couldn't tell if I was laughing or crying. He was the best husband today (as he is everyday). But he was just so soo sweet as he rubbed my back and got me tons of tissue. His face was beaming though. Already taking the role of the proud papa.

I'm just blown away. Seriously and completely blown away by this whole experience. What an amazing sound to hear. . . swish-swish, swish-swish, swish-swish.

2 comments:

  1. RENEE!!!!! How exciting!!!! I'm sooooooooooo very happy for you guys. I just love hearing these stories and I'm so happy that they little one is doing great. Keep us posted on everything and know that I love you my girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous! I hope the next 6 months are as great as these 3. Lucky baby to have such wonderful parents. There really is no words to describe just how much you love this child, that is just part of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene