Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Could it be? Did I actually feel the baby move?!?!?

Last night after I finished studying for a quiz, I sat down on the couch to eat a yummy dinner Gene brought home from one of my favorite restaurants. I just love my husband! He takes such good care of me. ; ) Anyways, while I'm sitting there I feel this funny tickling feeling around my belly button. I thought maybe my shirt had brushed across my belly making me itch so I scratched my tummy, but as I sat there with my shirt up over my stomach I starting thinking that maybe it was something else. I told Gene I thought there was a possibility that the baby moved, but since I hadn't experienced this before I really didn't know what to expect. So I waited and waited but it didn't happen again. : (
BUT. . . this morning as I sit here at work (very, very still) I really truly believe it's the baby moving. It feels like someone's taking a feather and lightly brushing it around my belly button very slowly, but it feels like it's coming from the inside of my stomach. Then once it's gone around a few times, it'll kind of trickle down near my underwear line and move back up to my belly button. I have literally sat here for almost an hour doing nothing, but stare down at my stomach so that I wouldn't miss this moment. I don't even know what to say. Is it really happening??? Am I just imaging it??? Is that the baby really moving in my stomach??? Could it be that there's a baby in there moving around, growing, kicking, sleeping, stretching and yawning??? I just can't explain the awe I'm feeling right now. Truly, truly an amazing thing to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene