Thursday, April 23, 2009

The size of a mango.

We're 19 weeks pregnant and the baby is the size of a mango. It's hard to believe that the baby started out to be the size of a poppy seed (maybe even smaller) and now it's the size of a mango. By week 21 it'll be the length of a large banana measuring 10 inches long. I'll definitely be feeling those kicks by then! Right now I'm not experiencing that little feather lightly tickling the inside of my stomach anymore, but I am feeling more of a solid movement sort of rolling around very slowly. Gene can't quite feel the movement from the outside of my belly just yet, but here soon enough he'll be able to see the baby kicking a mile away. And now the baby is sitting lodged right under my right boob. It doesn't hurt, but I can't really bend over as easily as I once could and don't suspect it'll get any easier! ; )

Also, in a couple of weeks, May 6th to be exact, we're going to find out (hopefully) the sex of the baby. If he/she is in the right spot we'll know for sure. BUT I am literally dying with anticipation!! It doesn't matter to us what we have and we're not going to start decorating the baby's room until we get back from England anyways, but still!!! These next 2 weeks are going to be SUPER, SUPER slow and I'm going to be up alllll night the night before just because that's the way I am. More importantly I want to see the ultrasound and have them tell me that it's a healthy baby. Boy or girl it doesn't matter. . . I just want a healthy, healthy happy baby.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. You sound delighted and that's awesome!

    I can't to find out what you're having too. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be one lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene