Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We're home

Words that will forever remind me of England:

Accents, quid, Jelly Babies, Parliament, Big Ben, The London Eye, wooden box, "cup of tea", toilets/to let, pavement, banana, The Underground, chip & pin, Cambridge, London Bridge, Humped Zebra Crossing, 18418001, pence, churches, Winston Churchill, hamburger, cathedrals, King's Cross, punting, Church of England, round abouts, Picasso, Long Melford, motorbikes, Mind the Gap, knife & fork, Tower Bridge, chips/crisps, Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace, The Loo, Henry VIII, bangers & mash, walking, cobblestone, pounds, Tower of London, castles, Clare, Lavenham, The Bell, Stonehenge, Windsor, Bath, changing of the guard, Shandy, "eat in or take away", The Tube, Number 11 bus, Bury St. Edmunds, Ipswich


I can't even begin to describe my experience in England. I just keep saying the same words over and over. . . 'AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, and BREATHTAKING'. It was the best vacation I've ever taken by far. And believe it or not 2 weeks was simply not enough time!!

We stayed with Gene's Mum's sister, Auntie Gwen and her husband Den in Haverhill, a village just east of London. Took the bus, train and tube where ever we could go. Spent a few days in London seeing all the sights, went to Cambridge a couple of days, traveled to the nearby villages admiring the landscape and took a tour bus to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle (where the Queen lives) and the Roman Baths. Just simply amazing! I had to narrow down the number of pictures I took on the trip (only 550!!) to post on the blog. Enjoy!


King's College Founded by Henry VI in 1441

Front view of the college

Inside view - I couldn't resist! From the architectural aspect this was pretty incredible!!

The London Eye

Big Ben

Tower of London

Stonehenge

Tower Bridge

And the family

When we have another chance, I'm definitely going back. And maybe to live. . . . . . .

; )

2 comments:

  1. I have that syndrome too! Whenever I visit a place for vacation I say I want to live there. :) No one could blame ya sistah! the pics are amazing and I can only imagine how it would be to see it in person...let alone live there. I'll miss you terribly but it would give me a reason to get my butt over there! cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous...and happy for you all at the same time!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene