Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Charlotte turns 3 months!


Hard to believe my sweet angel is 3 months old already. The first 2 months were literally a blur and I can't even remember Charlotte being newborn size. I was so sleep deprived, I wore my pj's almost everyday and if I took a shower I was lucky. I thought I would never leave the house and couldn't imagine doing so in fear that I wouldn't be able to manage lugging a diaper bag, car carrier, stroller and a crying baby around. But I have to say that I've surprised myself a great deal. It's getting better everyday. She still doesn't have a set eating or sleeping schedule which frustrates me because I would like to at least feel a little prepared. Not to mention I would like to know if this one nap at 1pm today is going to be the 2 hour one so that I can take a nap or shower and blow dry my hair since it's so long and takes forever. But she decides this nap will be the 45 minute one and I barely have enough time to pump, clean bottles and brush my teeth. I do know that she was eating every 2 hours during the day and would sleep at least 5 -6 hours at night. But a couple of nights ago she decided she wanted to eat every 2 -3 hours in the middle of the night too. NOT a happy mommy I have to say! However, I understand that this is a sign of a growth spurt and it shall pass. She has started to grab her feet if I haven't mentioned that already, grabs at her toys and puts them in her mouth. She has laughed out loud for her daddy, yells alot testing her vocals, and smiles at me ALLLLLL the time. She follows me with her eyes if I walk out of the room and has started to get pretty attached to me. A few family members and friends have held her with me in the room and she cries. Breaks my heart because I think about how she'll be when I go back to work and she has to go to daycare. Daycare. . . . another blog for another day because I really don't want to talk about how much this is killing me. Let me just say that I have found a place and I think she'll adjust better than I will.
So, as we approach Christmas, I'm reminded at how precious life is and thankful that my sweet angel was made especially for me. Gene and Charlotte have now completed my life. Thank you God for all of my precious gifts. My friends, family and now my own family. Thank you God for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene