Saturday, December 12, 2009

My little chunky monkey!


So last Monday I took Charlotte in for her 2 month check-up. To my surprise she tipped the scale at a whopping 14.2 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long! That's my chubbas!! She's growing so much lately I can't keep her in an outfit for too long. She's already starting to outgrow her 3 month outfits because she's so long. Not only is she getting so big she's learning new things, too. There's this play mat she lays on with an arch over her with toys hanging down. She's been reaching for the toys and putting them into her mouth. She laughs alot in addition to making alot of babbling noises, too. In fact, while she's getting her diaper changed she pulls up her legs and laughs. She's starting to get on a regular schedule and wakes up around 2 or 3 in the morning and sleeps until 6. I'm hoping she'll eventually sleep through the night once I go back to work. Right now it's okay because I try to get a nap in during the day, but when I go back to work after the New Year it'll be a bit more difficult for me to function at work with little sleep. Gene and I will have to take turns getting up with her in the middle of the night. They say that once babies turn 3 or 4 months old they are sleeping better through the night. Breastfed babies tend to wait until they're about 6 months old. So, we still have a few months of sleep walking. ; ) I'm not nursing Charlotte anymore since she wasn't able to get enough from me without having to nurse allllll the time and be satisfied, so I pump and give her a bottle. She'd have to take a bottle anyways when I go back to work so it didn't seem to matter. The important thing is she's still getting the nutrients from the breast milk and that will be good for her in the long run. I can't even start to explain what's going through my head about going back to work. I never thought I'd feel this way for someone and when I look at her my heart aches thinking about leaving her with someone else. She's captured my heart in ways I never could imagine. I really love being her mommy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene