Sunday, February 14, 2010

Charlotte's Baptism

Valentine's Day this year was definitely a special one. This was our first Valentine's as parents and it was also the day of Charlotte's baptism. She was such an angel throughout the whole service, constantly staring at Father. I was so impressed at how observant she was at only 4 months old! When they poured the water on her head she gave me a funny look like she was thinking, "Didn't Daddy already wash my hair this morning?" The first time we took her to church she screamed bloody murder when the congregation clapped at the end of the service so I was really relieved when she didn't fuss at all during her baptism. She was just a perfect little angel. The dress she wore has been in the family for almost 50 years as it was her Auntie Claire's originally. All of Gene's siblings (Claire, Alice, Tim and Jillian), including himself and 2 nieces (Meghan & Allison) wore this for their baptism, too.

We're so thankful to God for blessing us with such a sweet baby!!

The Godparents: My step-mom Lori and my brother Bradley

My precious baby - she looked absolutely beautiful in the dress!!

2 comments:

  1. How precious! That's amazing about the dress she wore. How special is that? I think I might have my stepmom make one for me. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so angelic and sweet! What a wonderful day for the Folgers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene