Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break








Since I had a week off from school for spring break, my mom and I decided to take a few days to visit my Grandpa Mr. Pete in Arkansas. I didn't know with the baby coming when I would be able to get back out for a visit. So making the trip now was especially important since my great-uncle Ken and Mr. Pete are getting older. Being at my Granny's house in alot of ways was bitter sweet because she wasn't there, but with all of her clothes, her furniture and her smell I really felt surrounded by her presence that much more. Mr. Pete and my Granny had been together for 30 before she passed away so he's been around since I was a little tyke. He's always been like a Grandpa to me.
I really enjoyed spending time there relaxing with the weather being sunny & breezy at 75 degrees and not a care in the world. They don't have the Internet and I could barely get reception on my cell, so it was definitely therapeutic just to sit on the porch swing watching the cows graze, ducks splashing in the pond and the wind blowing in the trees. I spent alot of time relaxing and talking to my Grandpa and we watched his favorite game shows, Family Feud and Millionaire. Gene even made a surprise visit on his motorcycle and seeing Mr. Pete's eyes light up was priceless. I didn't tell him Gene would be there and he just kept saying, "Why didn't you tell me? What a nice surprise!" Mr. Pete always tells me that he's proud of me and Gene. So having us all there really made him feel good.

Mr. Pete plays the guitar like nobody's business so hearing him strum some tunes reminded me of all of my childhood visits to see my Granny and Mr. Pete. She would sing and he would play. They were such a great pair. ; )

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post Renee! I loved reading it and I'm so happy that you had a great time. The pictures of you and Mr. Pete are adorable and the setting you had there was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... those pictures are amazing. Seriously! Glad that you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for thinking of us and stopping by. Can't wait to read your comments!

xoxox
Renee & Gene